The NAMI Texas Web site is a complimentary information service provided by NAMI Texas as a convenience to users, with the express condition that users agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of this User Agreement. NAMI Texas reserves the right to change the User Agreement terms and conditions at any time, and you must consult the most recent version of this User Agreement each time that you visit our Web site. Use of the NAMI Texas Web site constitutes your acceptance of the terms and conditions included below.
Limitation of Liability
You agree that you will hold harmless NAMI Texas and its officers, directors, employees, and volunteers from all claims arising out of or related to your access or use of, or your inability to access or use, this Web site or the information contained in this Web site or other Web sites to which it is linked. You also agree that NAMI Texas or the contributors of information to this Web site shall NOT be liable to you or anyone else for any decision made or action taken by you in reliance on information provided on the NAMI Texas web site or for any consequential, special or similar damages, even if advised of the possibility of such damages.
Disclaimer on Professional Advice
The information available on and through the NAMITexas.org Web site is presented in summary form as a supplement to, and NOT a substitute for, the knowledge, skill, and judgment of qualified psychiatrists, psychologists, physicians and health care professionals. The information on NAMITexas.org has been obtained from sources believed to be accurate and reliable. However, NAMI Texas makes no warranty as to the accuracy, reliability, or completeness of this information. Should you have any health, medical or disability questions or concerns, please consult a physician or other health care professional. Information accessed on or through NAMITexas.org is neither complete nor exhaustive and does not cover all disabilities, diseases, illnesses, and physical conditions or their management or treatment.
Information accessed on and through NAMITexas.org is provided “AS IS” and without warranty, express or implied, including, but not limited to, any implied warranty of merchantability or of fitness for a particular purpose. The information provided on the NAMI Texas Web site is provided for general information only.
Disclaimer of Warranty
NAMI Texas makes no warranties of any kind concerning this Web site, including but not limited to any warranty of accuracy, completeness, currency, reliability, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, or any warranty that these pages, or the server that makes them available, are free of viruses or other harmful elements, and such warranties are expressly disclaimed.
You understand that the opinions and recommendations included in this Web site are not necessarily those of NAMI Texas or endorsed by NAMI Texas. NAMI Texas may provide links to other Web sites, which are not under the control of NAMI Texas. These links are included as a convenience to you and are not intended as an endorsement by NAMI Texas of the organization or individual operating the Web site.
Usage of Content
Unless otherwise indicated, all information contained on the NAMI Texas Web site, including – but not limited to — text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, audio clips is proprietary to NAMI or NAMI Texas and may not be copied, reproduced, transmitted, displayed, distributed or otherwise used in whole or in part in any manner without NAMI or NAMI Texas’s prior permission, except that the user may make such temporary copies in a single computer’s RAM and hard drive cache as are necessary to browse the Web site, and the user may make one permanent printout of each page of the Web site to be used by the user for personal and noncommercial uses which do not harm the reputation of NAMI Texas.
NAMI, NAMI Texas, NAMI Family-to-Family Education Program, Open Your Mind, The State’s Voice on Mental Illness, The Nation’s Voice on Mental Illness, Mind of America . . . Mental Illnesses are Brain Disorders, and other marks are registered service marks of NAMI and/or NAMI Texas.
This Web site (excluding linked sites) is controlled by NAMI Texas, which is headquartered in the State of Texas, in the United States of America. It can be accessed from all 50 states, as well as from other locations around the world. Each of these locations have laws that may differ from those of Texas. Therefore, by accessing this Web site both you and NAMI Texas agree that the statutes and laws of the State of Texas, without regard to principles of conflicts of law in Texas or elsewhere, shall apply to all matters arising from or relating to use of this Web site. You and NAMI Texas also agree and hereby submit to the exclusive personal jurisdiction and venue of the state and/or federal courts located closest in proximity to the NAMI Texas State Office in Austin, Texas should any matter arise related to NAMI Texas.
Use of Website Discussion Groups/Bulletin Boards
NAMI Texas provides this website and associated discussion groups/bulletin boards, which are hosted by NAMI.org, for the benefit of its members and the public. NAMI and/or NAMI Texas cannot and does not review the information from or communications by users of the bulletin boards. NAMI and NAMI Texas expressly disclaim responsibility for, and liabilities resulting from, any information or communications from and between users of the NAMI Texas bulletin board.
Users are warned they may be individually liable for anything they communicate using the NAMI Texas bulletin board, including but not limited to defamatory, discriminatory, false or unauthorized information. Users are cautioned that they are responsible for complying with the requirements of applicable copyright and trademark laws and regulations.
The NAMI Texas discussion groups are forums for individuals to share their opinions, experiences, and thoughts related to mental illness. NAMI Texas wants to ensure the integrity of this service and therefore, use of this service is limited to participants who agree to adhere to the following guidelines:
1. Refrain from transmitting any message, information, data, or text that is unlawful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, that may be invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or bashing communications – especially those aimed at gender, race, color, sexual orientation, national origin, religious views, or disability.
NAMI and NAMI Texas reservee the right to remove or edit a post containing offensive material as defined by NAMI or NAMI Texas. That stated, NAMI Texas does not have the practical ability to restrict conduct or communications prior to transmission and posting, nor can NAMI Texas ensure prompt editing or deletion of offensive posts.
NAMI/NAMI Texas reserves the right to remove or edit posts that contain explicit, obscene, offensive, or vulgar language. Similarly, posts that contain any graphic files will be removed immediately upon notice.
2. Refrain from posting or transmitting any unsolicited, promotional materials, “junk mail”, “spam”, “chain mail”, “pyramid schemes”, or any other form of solicitation. NAMI Texas reserves the right to delete these posts immediately upon notice.
3. NAMI Texas invites and encourages a healthy exchange of opinions. If you disagree with a participant’s post or opinion and wish to challenge it, do so with respect. The real objective of the NAMI Texas message board is to promote discussion and understanding, not to convince others that your opinion is “right”. Name calling, insults, and personal attacks are not appropriate and will not be tolerated. NAMI Texas will remove these posts immediately upon notice.
4. NAMI Texas promotes privacy and encourages participants to keep personal information such as address and telephone number from being posted. Similarly, do not ask for personal information from other participants. Message board posts that request participants submit personal information to another party will be removed immediately upon notice unless these posts have been pre-approved by NAMI Texas staff. This includes, but is not limited to, communications that ask for telephone, address, e-mail, surveys, and research studies.
5. Participants should be aware that the opinions, beliefs, and statements posted in this forum do not necessarily represent the opinions and beliefs of NAMI Texas or NAMI. Participants also agree that NAMI Texas is not to be held liable for any loss or injury caused, in whole or in part, by sponsorship of this message board. Participants also agree that NAMI Texas reserves the right to report any suspicions of harm to self or others as evidenced by participant posts.
6. Posting off-topic messages to discussion groups will result in removal of and the possible suspension of posting privileges.
7. NAMI Texas members or staff who post non-public information on public areas of the site or off-topic messages in member-only discussion areas may have their posting privileges suspended and will be subject to appropriate corrective action.
You agree that you are prohibited from using this site to commit fraudulent activities, violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation. Furthermore, no communications passing through this site may be defamatory, libelous, unlawfully threatening or unlawfully harassing, obscene or contain any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots or other computer programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information. NAMI Texas will take immediate action to prevent violators of this policy from using our site.
The public areas of NAMITexas.org (i.e. those areas accessible without signing in to the site) are accessible to all users, regardless of age. However, areas that require sign in prior to access are restricted to users 13 years of age and older. Persons under 13 years of age are prohibited from registering for access to, or signing in to these areas.NAMI and/or NAMI Texas shall not be held liable for consequences resulting from persons under 13 years of age registering for access to or signing in to the site.