NAMI Greater Corpus Christi
NAMI Greater Corpus Christi, NGCC, is a newly formed Affiliate of NAMI Texas, www.namitexas.org. Reaching Affiliate status in December, 2015, NAMI GCC holds its NAMI Monthly Speaker Series on the third Thursdays of the month at 5:30 p.m. at Bayview Behavioral Center, 6629 Wooldridge Rd. NGCC participates in area mental health events; holds education and support groups; trains volunteers to lead groups and classes; and becomes informed on mental health advocacy issues. The Affiliate has been chartered to include Nueces, Aransas, Bee, Brooks, Duval, Live Oak, Jim Wells, Kenedy, Kleberg, and San Patricio counties.
NAMI Greater Corpus Christi is committed to providing education, advocacy and support to those who experience mental illness, their families, and friends.
Click the images below to view the fliers in PDF format.
A Free Mental Health Training for Faith Community Leaders
If your faith community is ready to build bridges to hope for families and individuals living with mental illness, this is a perfect introductory 3-hour training, which features information on common misconceptions surrounding mental health issues, ideas for building support networks within your faith community, and resources for developing an action plan to address the mental health needs in the community. This event is designed for leaders, staff, and lay volunteers of religious communities.
Click here to access the flyer for our last Bridges to Hope event in October of 2018.
National Institute on Mental Health (NIMH)
NAMI Greater Corpus Christi is proud to announce that we were chosen as a Community Outreach Partner with the National Institute on Mental Health!
Join a Study at NIMH!
NIMH, part of the National Institutes of Health (NIH), supports research studies through its Intramural Division on the NIH campus in Bethesda, Maryland. These studies enroll eligible participants from across the U.S. You can also learn more about studies conducted at the NIH using the following links:
- Join a Research Study: Adults
- Join a Research Study: Children
- Frequently Asked Questions About Participating in NIMH Research Studies for Adults & Children
For more information about clinical trials conducted at NIMH, contact us at 301-496-5645.
To receive periodic updates on mental health research: news, resources, educational events, and clinical research studies conducted at the NIH Clinical Center, please subscribe and select Intramural Updates.
Current Newsletter Issue
- NAMI Family-to-Family Education Program – a 12-week, 2 1/2 hour free education course for family members, caregivers, friends, and significant others of a loved one with mental illness. Please register for the next course at email@example.com with your name, email, and phone number and you will be contacted by Angela, (740) 272-1149.
- NAMI Connection Peer Support Group – a support group for individuals working on recovery with mental illness. Free. No registration required. For more information, contact Angela at (740) 272-1149. Currently held in 2 locations:
- Every 2nd and 4th Thursday evening from 6 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. at Family Counseling Services, Room 218, 3833 S. Staples St., Corpus Christi, TX 78411
- Every 1st and 3rd Friday from 7 p.m.-8:30 p.m. in the Satellite Youth Activities Center at Our Lady of Perpetual Help Church, 5830 Williams Drive, Corpus Christi, TX, 78412
- NAMI Family Support Group – a support group evening for family members of individuals living with mental illness. Free. No registration required. Meetings are held first and third Fridays 7 to 8:30 p.m. at Our Lady of Perpetual Help Church, 5830 Williams Drive, Corpus Christi, TX, 78412. Park in front of Parish Hall and follow the NAMI signs to the portable building behind the Hall. No registration required.
- NAMI Family & Friends Seminar – a free, 4-hour seminar that informs and supports family members, partners, friends and significant others who have loved ones with a mental health condition. Participants learn about diagnoses, treatment, recovery, communication strategies, crisis preparation, and NAMI resources. NAMI Family & Friends Seminar Flyer (Feb2018)
NAMI Monthly Speaker Series
Free, open to the public, every third Thursday evening at 5:30 p.m., at Bayview Behavioral Center Gymnasium, 6629 Wooldridge Rd., Corpus Christi TX, 78414. Snacks provided. No registration needed.
Upcoming Speakers: TBA
In the News
NAMI Greater Corpus Christi featured in the NAMI Advocate (Fall 2017)
Click here to read the article
NAMI Greater Corpus Christi featured on KIII-TV’s “Someone to Know” segment
Click here to watch the video
Feature Article in Coastal Bend Medicine (February 2017)
Click here to read the article
Become a Member
Household: $60 per year
Individual: $40 per year
Open Door: $5 per year (low-income option)
Please pay by check to NAMI Texas, P.O. Box 300817, Austin, TX 78703 – make a notation on the bottom of the check for: NAMI Greater Corpus Christi. Credit cards may be used electronically at the following link:
NAMI Greater Corpus Christi needs YOU! NAMI’s mission has been shaped and supported by its grassroots volunteers since the beginning. NAMI volunteers are crucial to the success of our NAMI Greater Corpus Christi Affiliate.
NAMI Greater Corpus Christi Volunteer Opportunities: We still have openings on several of our committees, including Finance, Communications, Membership, Programs, and Advocacy. Please call Angela at (740) 272-1149 or write firstname.lastname@example.org
NAMI Program Training Opportunities: Help decrease stigma and raise awareness with these important programs!
- NAMI Connection Support Group Leader Training for those in recovery: To register, call Angela at (740) 272-1149.
- NAMI Family Support Group Facilitator Training for family members: To register, call Angela at (740) 272-1149.
- NAMI Homefront Education Classes Teacher Training for families of veterans: Read about the NAMI Homefront program at www.nami.org/homefront Contact email@example.com
- NAMI Basics
- NAMI In Our Own Voice
- NAMI Peer-to-Peer
Contact NAMI Greater Corpus Christi
NAMI Greater Corpus Christi
P.O. Box 8558
Corpus Christi, TX 78468