NAMI Southern Sector Dallas
NAMI Southern Sector Dallas is committed to promoting awareness and providing education to the public. We help to improve the quality of life for people affected by mental illness and their family members by providing support, education, referral services, and legislative advocacy for Southern Dallas County including South Dallas and the following neighborhoods South of Downtown Dallas—Fair Park, St. Phillips, South Boulevard & Park Row Historic District, Turner Courts, Oak Cliff, Red Bird, Cedar Crest, and beyond.
We believe in:
- Educating the public about mental illness
- Eliminating the stigma of mental illness
- Advocating for increased funding for education, research, causes, and treatments of mental illness
The vision of NAMI Southern Sector Dallas is to promote a stigma-free and supportive community for all children, youth, teens, adults, families, and community members who are affected by mental illness so they can thrive in their communities. We do this by providing mental illness education and awareness, advocacy, and mental health resources for families and individuals in Southern Sector of Dallas County.
We strive to:
- Ensure acceptance and treatment for all with mental illness to facilitate recovery
- Ensure resources are provided to individuals affected by mental illness and their families
- Eliminate the stigma of mental illness in schools and the community
- Be the leaders in advocacy efforts at the national, state, and local levels
General Meeting Information
General Meeting is the second Thursday of every month from 7- 8 p.m. at:
Associations for Persons Affected by Addictions (APAA) Recovery and Community Support Center
3116 Martin Luther King Blvd
Dallas, TX 75215
NAMI Family Support Group – Meets every 2nd Thursday of every month from 6 – 7 p.m (Except on Holidays)
Meeting Location: Associations for Persons Affected by Addictions (APAA) Recovery and Community Support Center : 3116 Martin Luther King Blvd Dallas, TX 75215
Meeting Location: First United Methodist Church : 403 S. Main Street Duncanville, TX 75116
NAMI Southern Sector Dallas collaborates with other chapters on other offerings. We are ever-expanding our offerings. We also can offer the following programs: NAMI Family-to-Family, NAMI Ending the Silence, NAMI Family & Friends and much more.
NAMI Program Training Opportunities
NAMI Family Support Group Facilitator Training: For more information about the next training please contact us!
Please reach out to the following affiliate leaders for more information on programming and support groups:
Please contact Sam Bates to be added to the email list- email@example.com
Please pay by check to NAMI Texas, P.O. Box 300817, Austin, TX 78703 – Make a notation on the bottom of the check for NAMI Southern Sector Dallas. Annual dues are $40 per person, $60 per household and $5 per person for those with limited finances. There are three ways to become a part of NAMI Southern Sector Dallas today:
- Create a free NAMI.org account
- Become a NAMI Southern Sector Dallas member with one payment! (Choices below)
- $60 per year for a Household membership that includes all members of a household living at the same address
- $40 per year for a Regular membership which is an individual membership for one person
- $5 per year for an Open Door membership for an individual member with limited financial resources
When you become a member of NAMI Southern Sector Dallas you also automatically become a member of NAMI Texas as well as NAMI!
NAMI Southern Sector Dallas needs YOU! Our mission has been shaped and supported by its grassroots volunteers since the beginning. Our volunteers are crucial to the success of our NAMI Southern Sector Dallas Affiliate.
Main Affiliate Contact: Sam Bates, President