NAMI Laredo is committed to promoting the education of the public about mental illness and helping to improve the quality of life for people affected by mental illness and their family members by providing support, education, referral services, and legislative advocacy for Webb, Jim Hogg, and Zapata Counties.
- Educating the public about mental illness
- Eliminating the stigma of mental illness
- Advocating for increased funding for education, research, causes, and treatments of mental illness
The vision of NAMI Laredo is to promote a stigma-free and supportive community for all children, youth, teens, adults, families, and community members who are affected by mental illness so they can thrive in their communities by providing mental illness education and awareness, advocacy, and mental health resources for Webb, Jim Hogg, and Zapata counties.
- Ensure acceptance and treatment for all with mental illness to facilitate recovery
- Ensure resources are provided to individuals affected by mental illness and their families
- Eliminate the stigma of mental illness in schools and the community
- Be the leaders in advocacy efforts at the national, state, and local levels
(Please contact your local Affiliate Leader to learn what current programs are being offered in the Laredo area!)
- NAMI Basics
- NAMI Peer-to-Peer
- NAMI Family-to-Family
- Ending the Silence
- NAMI Parents and Teachers as Allies
- NAMI Provider Education
- NAMI Smarts for Advocacy
(No events set at this time.)
Annual dues are:
$40 per person
$60 per household
$5 per person for those with limited finances.
Please pay by check to NAMI Texas, P.O. Box 300817, Austin, TX 78703 – Make a notation on the bottom of the check for: NAMI Laredo.
NAMI Laredo needs YOU!
NAMI’s mission has been shaped and supported by its grassroots volunteers since the beginning. NAMI volunteers are crucial to the success of our NAMI Laredo Affiliate.
Interested in serving on the NAMI Laredo Leadership Committee? Please contact Mark Moore at (956) 282-8056 or at email@example.com
Main Affiliate Contact: Mark Moore
Phone: (956) 282-8056