NAMI Kaufman County
NAMI Kaufman County is a volunteer self-help, 501(c)3 non-profit organization that addresses the needs of persons and families of persons with severe mental illness. We are an Affiliate of NAMI Texas and NAMI. NAMI was founded in Madison, Wisconsin in 1979 by a small group of desperate parents. Currently, NAMI has more than 220,000 members in more than 1,200 Affiliates in all 50 states. NAMI Texas became a NAMI State Organization in 1984 and NAMI Kaufman County became a NAMI Affiliate in 2005.
To help improve the lives of all persons affected by serious mental illness by providing support, education, and advocacy through a grassroots network.
How We Help
- Provide support groups
- Provide educational classes
- Sponsor informative and educational speakers and programs
- Advocate for improved and equitable services and nondiscriminatory funds at local, state and federal levels
- Encourage Crisis Intervention Training
Monthly Support Meetings
Third Thursdays from 6:30 – 8 p.m.
Lakes Regional MHMR
400 Airport Road
Terrell, Texas 75160
Fourth Thursdays from 6:30 – 8 p.m.
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital
850 Ed Hall Drive (Basement room A)
Kaufman, TX 75142
Programs Offered in 2018
- NAMI Family-to-Family Education Class
- NAMI Family Support Group
- NAMI Family & Friends Seminar
- In Our Own Voices
- NAMI Connections
View flyers for our upcoming programs:
Contact us for a NAMI presentation to your group or organization.
Address: NAMI Kaufman County, 1505 E. 1st North Street, Kaufman, TX 75142
Phone: (972) 962-3784