NAMI Grayson, Fannin & Cooke Counties
The mission of NAMI Grayson, Fannin, & Cooke Counties is to take initiative and work in collaboration with others to improve the quality of life for individuals with mental illness.
The vision of NAMI Grayson, Fannin & Cooke Counties is to:
- Work for positive, solution-oriented, cost-effective service improvements for persons with mental illness and their families.
- Provide a public forum via support, education, advocacy and research support to improve conditions for families and persons with mental illness.
- Being alert and proactive with education that counteracts myths with facts about mental illness.
- Being a focal point for networking and collaboration with others to improve the quality of life for individuals with mental illness and their families, and to make referrals to access superior services in Grayson, Fannin and Cooke Counties.
**In accordance with the Guidelines from the President and the CDC, General Meetings, NAMI Peer Support Group and NAMI Family Support Group have been cancelled through May 15th.
Please sign up for an Online Support Group by clicking here!
General Informational Meeting
General Informational Meeting is the third Thursday of every month from 7:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. at:
Parkview Church of Christ,
815 S. Dewey (Hwy 11)
Support Groups meet the third Thursday of every month from 6:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. before the General Informational Meeting at Parkview Church of Christ.
- Peer Support Group- for people living with a mental health condition in which people learn from each other’s experiences, share coping strategies, and offer each other encouragement and understanding.
- Caregiver Support Group- A support group for family members and loved ones of individuals living with a mental health condition sharing their experience, strength and hope.
NAMI Education Programs
The Peer-to-Peer (P2P) curriculum is a free 8-week, peer led, recovery education course opened to any person with a mental health condition who wishes to live well in their recovery. The course offers a comprehensive understanding of mental health conditions with topics ranging from stigma to relapse prevention to advocacy and much more.
Please reach out to Whitney Redden at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on programming and support groups,
Become a NAMI Grayson, Fannin, & Cooke Counties member today:
Create a free NAMI.org account
Become a NAMI Grayson, Fannin, & Cooke Counties member with one payment! (Choices below)
$60 per year for a Household membership that includes all members of a household living at the same address
$40 per year for a Regular membership which is an individual membership for one person
$5 per year for an Open Door membership for an individual member with limited financial resources
When you become a member of NAMI Grayson, Fannin, & Cooke Counties you also automatically become a member of NAMI Texas as well as NAMI!
NAMI Grayson, Fannin, & Cooke Counties needs YOU! Our mission has been shaped and supported by its grassroots volunteers since the beginning. Our volunteers are crucial to the success of our NAMI Grayson, Fannin, & Cooke Counties Affiliate.
Main Affiliate Contact: Alison Tesney